This past weekend I was feeling creative so I put together some materials and made mini Easter ‘hampers’ for my work collegues. I use the word ‘hampers’ loosely, but with the use of the cellophane to tie all the contents together I really did think the finished product looked a bit like a tiny hamper!
Here is how I created the mini hampers (with horrible photographs by yours truly, I am sorry!).
Firstly, the majority of my craft items were bought from Spotlight except for the gelato cups which are from eBay and the chocolates which I bought from Woolworths.
You will need:
- Gelato cups – alternating colours
- 1 x pack of shredded green cardboard
- 1x pack of mini Easter chickens
- Clear cellophane
- 1x sheet of ‘Happy Easter’ silver stickers
- 2x rolls of Easter-themed ribbon OR ribbon which matches/complements the colours of your gelato cups
- Chocolates of your choice
To create an Easter ‘Hamper’:
- Taking 1 gelato cup, place a ‘Happy Easter’ sticker on the front of each. You may want to use other stickers for decoration as well – this is up to you and your creative mind!
- Decide which chocolates you would like to put inside your hamper. Lay out your gelato cups individually and place your items in each so you have a rough idea of how things will fit without the green shredded paper taking up more room.
- Each gelato cup will need about a handful of shredded green paper fitted into the cup to fill it. It all depends on how many chocolates you are giving – less chocolates, more shredded paper.
- Place your chocolates into your gelato cups while rearranging the shredded paper to help certain chocolates sit higher than others.
- Add a tiny toy chicken into the centre of your creation (this is something I decided to do for decoration, it is up to you what you do/do not add!)
- Take a sheet of clear cellophane and trim to fit gelato cup/contents. You want enough cellophane to bunch up and over your contents with some to spare for a ribbon
- Place your gelato cup into the middle of your cellophane and bunch the cellophane around and over the contents.
- Secure cellophane with a ribbon and let the top of the cellophane stick up wildly to add some character to your design. You can tie your ribbon into a bow or curl it using scissors if you like
- That’s it!
Other things you may like to do when designing your own mini Easter hamper are adding a name tag to the ribbon or perhaps use the gelato cups to hold some other Easter treats such as painted eggs or even nail polish!
Please let me know if you end up creating something similar – I would love to see your designs!
Not long before the Easter Bunny arrives!